2.14.2008

Test 1-2-3 (Anything but that...)


This is it! The hard-hitting, insightful, entertaining FIRST blog entry!  Hold on to your butts....

If you know me and my (lack of) communication skills, you'll know how much of a joke that is. But hopefully it won't be so bad - I have pictures!  Maybe I'll win over those kindergarten picture-book fanatics who haven't strayed from that preference since.


Here are a couple of pictures from the skydiving trip we took recently.  The first one is of the people who actually jumped, the rest are random selections.


Do you SEE that last one?!  Those tiny specs of dirt-like smudges from a seemingly dirty lens? That's us waaaay up in the air!  I'll go ahead an say what you must surely be thinking, "They are such badasses." But I won't lie, there were moments that I questioned it... 

Like when they opened the door of the sardine-can (the plane - see the picture with Eric above), I wasn't so sure I had made a good life choice.  And when I swung my feet outside and my legs were dangling in space, I knew I hadn't.  And when that mother f---er pushed me out of the plane, I was kicking myself for telling my parents that if the unthinkable happened, I was OK with it because I was actually "living life".  Because I was most assuredly NOT OK with "the unthinkable" at that point, and as soon as we landed, I was going to take care of some newly unsettled business I had with the guy strapped to my back.

Those feelings lasted for all of 2 seconds, and like a switch turning on, the sensation of free-falling a mile down to the Earth kicked in. It was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E, and I can't wait to do it again!!  Kelly says they have paragliding in Korea, and rest assured we will be investigating....

After we landed, they gave us certificates to commemorate our first jump.  It had a silly story, but I like the way it ended... so I'll end this entry with the same:

"May you always enjoy blue skies above, and may your landings be forever soft."

No comments: