5.04.2009

Pedernales Falls and Congress Bridge Bats (Austin)



A couple of weeks ago I went to go hang out with Spencer, a friend from A&M. The plan was to go semi-hardcore camping, but the weather didn't cooperate.

So instead we took a day trip on Saturday to Pedernales Falls State Park, just west of Austin. It ended up being a beautiful day, and since it had been raining so much the falls had quite a bit of water in them!

Sunday we went to the Congress Bridge to watch the bats fly out at dusk. It's still a little early in the 'season' for them - not all of them have migrated to the bridge yet. But there was still quite an impressive number already there!

I recommend also check out Spencer's blog entry about the trip (here), as he takes some really nice photos and tends to take much more time writing up his posts than I do. It doesn't hurt that I'm in a few pics of his as well ;) If you notice some similarities between our photos, it's not just because we were at the same place... there were several times when I deliberately tried to mimick his effects. Big thanks to the expert for fielding so many of my questions and not complaining about it (:

No comments: