12.15.2008

Eating out of toilets

Have you done it? If you haven't, you should. At least once in your life - just to say you did.


And if you're serious about it, one place you can go is to Taipei, Taiwan - which is what I did this last week. On Monday I was sitting in class while the students were studying for their final exams, and I decided that I wanted to go. Britani thought it was a good idea, so we paid for our tickets on Tuesday and were in Taiwan by 11 AM Wednesday morning. We didn't plan a thing, and it was great!!

Sunset in Northern Taiwan

Overall Taiwan was such a friendly place to visit. We only stayed in/around Taipei, the capital in the north, so I really want to go back and visit the rest of the island. HERE are the pictures, and here are the highlights of the trip:

- I ate from a toilet
- I got to see the tallest building in the world
- I ate snake soup
- I got bit by a dog
- I went to a public bath and got naked with a bunch of old Taiwanese men

Street art


Fruit stands everywhere! So delicious!!


It's sinking in just how much time I DON'T have left in Korea - and how much I'll miss the people here. And how soon Eric is going to be here and we'll get to go travel around SE Asia. And how soon I'll get to go home and see my family. And how soon I'll be studying Spanish at Celas Maya in Guatemala. And how soon I'll be going to Tanzania to visit Mere. It's definitely a case of being sad that you're leaving but happy that you're going...

2 comments:

Spencer Selvidge said...

I am jealous and want to do all the things that you are doing! I just need freaking money!!!

westphotography said...

your pictures are fabulous!! im glad you survived two years of teaching. see you in the states soon!!